See if you can identify the book or movie these quotes came from! (Extra credit if you can identify the speaker.) In the process, you'll learn some of my favorite books. Leave a comment with your answers. Include your email, and if you get them all right, we'll enter you into a drawing to win a paperback copy of John Otte's book Failstate. Look for my interview with John Otte later this summer!
Hints: All but one of the quotes are originally from fantasy books, and four of the six books have been made into major movies. The other two were made into a bad B movie and a bad TV movie.
No fair Google-searching the quotes! : )
My immediate family and other Lands Uncharted contributors aren't eligible to win the contest--even though we love all of you!
The contest will close Monday night, June 20, at midnight, CST. If you win, I will contact you by email, in order to get the address you would like your book sent to.
1. Death cannot stop true love--all it can do is delay it for a while.
2. It is a truth, universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
3. Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.
4. Love. That was what she had that IT did not have.
5. When the dark is rising, six shall turn it back/Three from the circle, three from the track. Wood, bronze iron, water, fire stone/Five shall return and one go alone.
6. Not all who wander are lost.